Monday, June 18, 2007

thank you cards

'thank you card from joosang lee on 6/18/07.'

once in a while, i get these thank you cards from the people, mostly artists, for whom i have written stories.

since i don't have a specific beat i cover, i write mostly anything that's considered to be important and informative.

but to be honest, i really don't enjoy writing the stories on any artists regardless of their fields. i often get fascinated by their works, but their artistic expressions confuse me greatly. not only it's hard to put into words what they think and feel about their work but i almost can't understand them at all. their expressions are extremely complicated since they capture and see their work in their own world. it's as if they come from a different world from mine.

anyway, it's nice to get thank you cards like this once in a while. most korean people who want to be on the paper either abuse or take advantages of using the paper to advertise themselves.

i hate to deal with those selfish minded, self-centered, unappreciative people who think that they can do whatever and we will still publish their stories because they think they contribute something to our paper. i mean it might be helpful in many ways to broaden the scope of the paper, but they could at least can show some respect and humility.


so as i was thinking about how some people take advantages of my position and are never appreciative, i came to compare it with how often i really truly appreciate and feel grateful to God for what he has done for me in my life; i mean every little detail of my life. and although i know what's like to be appreciative to him in every aspect of my life, but how often do i neglect or take advantage of not giving him substantial thanks and express my gratitude to him for all the little daily miracles he performs in my life? so i put myself to be in his position and i realize how sad and disappointed he could be to see me being self-centered and forgetful of what he has done for me. i think he is merciful so he is not going to hate me for it but just be there for me no matter what i do and how i act, but he will wait for me to thank him and will love me even more if i show my gratitude through every little thing i do in my life.

so the lesson is that i need to be more grateful to God for his wonderful blessings in my daily life. and also be more grateful to others.

2 comments:

Daniel Cook Rasband said...

Wow... Your English is good...

Soo said...

thanks tutor!