Monday, June 4, 2007

english deprivation

since i've been working at a korean newspaper, i feel that my ability of speaking the English language has reduced tremendously, especially with the pronunciation. i think the more i speak and write korean, the more i understand and get better at it. but since i haven't been speaking English on a regular basis even though i live and work in US, i have been losing English greatly.
(this is one of the main reasons why i started this blog so i can practice writing in English.)

there were times i was told(even when i was only less than 6 months on my mission) that i speak English like a native or US born person which flattered me, but i didn't have much appreciation for such comments. but now that i feel that there is and will be limitation to my English skills, i sometimes envy someone who has no barrier to the usage of the English language.

and as i was thinking about this, i got to compare it with how i exercise my faith in God.

when i prayed to God fervently and on a daily basis, my ability(desire, motivation) to speak to him in prayer was greater which filled me with much love and care from him. the more i pray, the more i realize that i depend on him in my life, and get to understand the purpose of prayers. but when i haven't put much efforts in praying to God, and as it becomes a routine of not putting my heart out there to have conversations with him even though i attend the church and want to live in the gospel fully, i have been losing my faith in praying. it leads me in wonder and fear and i feel that there is a limitation to approach him, and become hopeless in some ways.

any type of deprivation isn't healthy to body and soul, to the enviornment or the life, and everything else. but especially the spiritual deprivation damages everything you have in life. if you feel deprived spiritually, you feel empty deeply inside even if you stay alive. i've experienced this type of deprivation, and it just killed me because it led me to unhappiness. and we live our lives to be happy. spiritual deprivation whether to be a faithful person or not results in unhappiness. so i will never let it deprived again by keep watering it.

8 comments:

Snow Flakes said...

just checking.

Soo said...

thanks for checking.
and check my spelling, grammar, word choices, and the mentality.

Snow Flakes said...

don't know about grammar, word choices...but mentality..ha ha. ;)
should check mine too!

Daniel Cook Rasband said...

Your English is good. I found your blog through snow flake's. If you want, I can help you check your English every once in a while. Where did you serve your mission?

Soo said...

wow. now i can have a real tutor who can help my english. this is awesome. i've served my mission in Hawaii.

Daniel Cook Rasband said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Soo said...

wow, Dan! you are awesome! you took the time to correct the mistakes i've made. i was almost half joking when i said that i was glad to have a real tutor. but you really did. this is incredible. the way you've rewritten this entry made much more sense and smoother. i usually write the blog late at night and it's probably the most excusable reason i've written it a little harder to understand. anyway, thank you very much.

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.